Jess Hurley Scott is an emerging painter working primarily in multiple layers of acrylic panels. Her dioramic paneled pieces are influenced by new technologies inspiring her to break down traditional painting and take a fresh look at landscape and the canvas.
- 2014 70th Annual Fall Salon, Cambridge Art Association, Cambridge, MA.
- 2014 Instagram Show, James Library, Norwell, MA.
- 2014 Blue Ribbon Members Show, South Shore Art Center, Cohasset, MA.
- 2014 Wish You Were Here, Summer Postcard Show, Cambridge Art Association, Cambridge, MA.
- 2014 New Members Show, Cambridge Art Association, Cambridge, MA.
- 2014 Arts Festival: Juried Show and Members Show, South Shore Art Center, Cohasset, MA
- 2009 Color Matters, South Shore Art Center, Cohasset, MA – national juried show
- 2008 12 x 12 holiday show, Bromfield Gallery, Boston
- 2008 Sublime Climate III/III: Symbiosis (group show) Thompson Gallery, Cambridge School of Weston
- 2004 Annual Group Show – Honorable Mention Art Student’s League, NY, NY.
- 2000 Harbor-Fest, South Shore Art Center, Cohasset, MA- both Juried Show & Members Show.
- 1999 Boston Globe Art Show
- 1996 Art All-state
- 2014 Painting: Driftway Animal Hospital, Scituate, MA
- 1996 Collaborative Mural- Pilgrim Cooperative Bank, Cohasset, MA
- 1996 Mural: Town Common Bus Stop, Cohasset, MA
- 1996 Mural: Cohasset High School, Cohasset MA
- 1995 Collaborative Mural: South Shore Art Center, Cohasset, MA
Commission Work / Related Professional Activities
- Gallery Artist- Cambridge Art Association, Cambridge, MA
- Gallery Artist- South Shore Art Center, Cohasset, MA
- Portrait Painter- various private commissions in CO, PA, MA, NY, SC, AZ
- 2000-2008 Residential Murals: various locations in MA, VT, PA, NY
- New Group Member- ICA Boston, MA
- Member- DeCordova, Lincoln, Ma
- Member/Student- Art Student’s League, New York, NY
- Syracuse University B.F.A. 2000, Syracuse, NY; Studied under Robert Dacey, Murray Tinkleman, Rodger DeMuth and John Thompson.
- Syracuse University, Florence, Italy 1998
- Art Students League, New York, NY 2003-2005; studied under Hugo Bastidas
- Diabalo Glass School, Roxbury, MA 2006-2008
- Design Consultant, New England Country Rentals, Hanover, MA 2014 to Present
- Design Manager, Home Products- TJX Co., Framingham, MA 2005 to 2013
- Designer, Area Rugs- Karastan/Mohawk, New York, NY 2003 to 2005
- Designer, Home Products- Tommy Hilfiger, New York, NY 2000 to 2003